(photo credit: Travis Gray)
Official Bio: Sashi is a middle school English and science teacher who lives in Portland, Maine with her family. She is also an amateur trash picker.
About Me (Facts in relative chronological order.)
- I am a first child.
- I named myself.
- I grew up in Newton Massachusetts.
- In middle school I was jealous of girls with bigger hair than mine.
- My favorite classes in high school were English, Spanish and science. In college I studied, among other things, the deciphering of ancient Mayan hieroglyphics. I also played rugby, but really am not so tough as that fact may seem to imply.
- I love Maine.
- I asked my husband to marry me by sending him on a day-long scavenger hunt.
- Sometimes I ask my students to act out the parts of a cell, or talk about Uranus and digestion on the same day.
- One of my daughter’s best accomplishments is learning to talk like a pirate at age 3.
- I believe ice cream is a vitamin.
on twitter: @sashikaufman
or through my agent
Lauren MacLeod firstname.lastname@example.org
on twitter @Lauren_MacLeod