Ha, ha, ha if you though the first thing was going to be writing or some such other glamorous author activity.
- look up library books
- update goodreads progress
- read articles linked to twitter
- read articles linked to facebook
- consider entering online contests to win more books
- write emails
- write blog posts -sometimes about writing, sometimes about other ephemera
- look up meaning of word ephemera or other somesuch to avoid looking like idiot
- check craigslist for things I don’t really need
- online browse for things I don’t really need
- do consumer research for things I don’t really need
- Watch occasional video of people or animals doing foolish things
Now this could be a wild rationalization but I do think that all this computer jiggery pokery does actually keep me in the seat -which keeps me writing longer. I think. Maybe. I’d write more about it but I have to go google myself.